Monday, September 20, 2010

True Blue

It was another fun filled Saturday for us!  We ventured to Auburn for the game and met Nana and Papa Joe at Buffalo Connection again.  This place is great when the weather is so hot (high of 95)!  They have food, A/C, and tv’s ~ what more could you want on game day?  Speaking of game day, ESPN’s Game Day was in Auburn.  While walking around campus we tried to see the stage, but they had already taken it down.  We were able to stop for a photo-op in front of the Game Day bus.

After relaxing there for a bit, we headed over to campus.  You could tell this was a big game as it was much busier than the first week.  Brad found the perfect parking spot for me.  I didn’t realize how great it was until I was walking back to the car it was so easy for me to get to and easy for me to get of town.  We enjoyed our time before the game by going to the Tiger Walk and meeting up with Justin, Christina and Bethany (Christina’s sister).  Paige was the best little tiger!  We just strolled around and she took in all that was around us.


I decided Paige and I would head on back to our hotel for the game this time.  We headed back to the hotel right at kick off and it was a strange feeling looking back at the stadium as we left.  I am used to sitting in the stadium, cheering on my Tigers.  All though it was kind of strange, I wouldn’t trade for getting to spend time with my sweet baby girl!


From the outside looking in...

The game was a nail-biter until the end. Paige and I were able to celebrate the first touchdown together. The next 2 were celebrated on a smaller scale because Paige was trying to fall asleep. By the time overtime rolled around she was out completely. As the Clemson kicker missed the 2nd field goal, I jumped up and down, waving my arms around, all in silence. Ah, to be a fly on the wall in our room – I am sure I looked like the biggest goober!


 
Brad will give his analysis of the game I am sure, but I wanted to share a few thoughts. 1) Penalties – what is up with all of the penalties? Those guys need to get with it this week and figure that one out. 2) I was so over hearing about Clemson’s poor quarterback. I am sure it hurt, but if you are hurt that bad you don’t need to be out there. 3) We’ve got our hands full with SC coming up!



War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment