Wednesday, September 1, 2010

War Eagle!

This is LeeAnn writing.  Sorry for all of the confusion with who was writing!  Brad and I had talked about him writing on the blog since last year and he finally got a chance to sit down and do it.  Brad will cover his thoughts on football throughout the season and I may throw in a thought or two (more like what we ate and who we saw, you know the important part of the games).

Anyway, welcome September!  The next couple of months are going to full at work (the busiest time of year for us government accountants) and at home with football season.  We are going to try to make it to Auburn as much as possible.  Brad will go to the game and Paige and I will hang out together.  I am so excited that we get to take Paige to her first game this weekend!  I don't know how long we will actually stay but I would love to stay through at least the first quarter.

Since Brad shared his thoughts on the upcoming season, I thought I should share mine.  I have none.  This is the first year in many that I really don't have any.  I am not really sure why, maybe I am just preoccupied with a little one at home.  I used to read all the articles and know everything about the players and recruits (I could tell you their number, position, year and hometown).  Not so much this year though.  I really just hope we win.  From what Brad has told me there is some hype about us doing well this year.  I partially buy into it but then I look back to other years where there was a lot of hype and memories take over (i.e. the bust 2003 where we didn't score a touchdown until the 3rd game of the season in the 2nd quarter of that game - yes, I remember and I went to all 3 games, waiting for that touchdown).

So, what do I really expect for the season?  I expect to have FUN!!!!  I expect to create great memories with friends and family - that is the best part to me (and the food - I am saving that for a later post).  Let's take a short trip down memory lane...


Me, Emily and Ashley - 2004???  Maybe 2005?  We need an updated picture!



The fam - 2009 Iron Bowl



The extended fam - before a GA or Ole Miss game, I think, maybe 2005



Rebecca and me - AU/State 2008 (I love away games too!)


I also can't wait to dress my sweet baby P  (that is one of my favorite things about having a little girl - all the clothes, we get to play dress up!)


This is a little small for her now, but she sure did look cute! (Thanks Uncle Jonathan, I know it took a lot for you to buy this for Paige.  We know you must really love her!)


I am not sure when this will fit but it is too stinkin' cute! 


Let's get this season started!  War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment