Friday, February 11, 2011

1 Year Ago Today


It is amazing that is just one year we go
from this...


to...




Words cannot begin to explain how happy and thankful I am today; today we celebrate birth of our sweet little baby. I cannot believe it has already been a year. Where did the time go? Thinking back, I knew I would love her with all of my heart and I knew I would love her in a way like no other, but what I didn’t realize was just how amazing and describable that love truly is. It is not something you can describe until you experience it.

I have decided that birthdays are more for the parents than for the one actually having the birthday. Yes, as kids, we all enjoyed our birthday, but now as a parent I can truly appreciate a birthday. It is such a day of reflection for the parents. Thinking ahead to my birthday – wahoo, I am another year older. For my mom and dad, they are given an opportunity to think back to the day I was born and all that it entailed. Over the past few weeks I have recounted all the events leading up to Paige’s birthday, remember where we ate and what we did each day. We even semi-celebrated Paige’s potential birthday. It is funny to me how February 2nd will never be the same because of that.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have Paige call me, “Momma” and as I talk to God daily, I continually thank Him for this opportunity.

Happy 1st Birthday, Paige!!

1 comment: