Saturday, February 26, 2011

Successful Saturday

Accomplished.  That is the word I would use to describe our day.  I don't know that I really planned to get so much done in one day, but we made it happen and it feels great!

Because we got so much done I feel like I should make a check list...

1) Eat breakfast together - check!  Breakfast at Chick-fil-a, yummy and what a great way to start your day!!

2) Paige's one year pics - check!  Our baby girl did great!  It was a gorgous day down here and we were able to take advantage of the fabulous weather.  Here is a sneak peek of Paige's pictures.  This is our first time to use this photographer and we are both so excited to see the end result.



3) Organize Paige's new clothes - check!  In the process of trying to decide what P would wear for her pics I did a lot of shopping.  And when I say a lot of shopping, I mean a lot of shopping.  The poor girl didn't have any spring clothes and it is definitely getting warm here.  Back to the clothes - P also got some really, really cute clothes for her birthday and I wanted to get everything all organized and washed up so she would be good to go.  In the hustle and bustle of trying to find clothes I was buying everything, not really paying attention to price.  I was able to sort through everything and really decide if we needed some of the outfits.  Turns out I got some really good deals - go to Belk and Old Navy!




4) Return, return, return - check!  When I was planning Paige's party I would just buy things not knowing if I would need them.  I did the same thing with the clothes (don't know a size, buy 2 sizes and return one of them).  Needless to say I had a bunch of stores to visit to make these returns happen, 7 to be exact.  Paige and I loaded up and got all 7 returns done - talk about feeling accomplished!

5) Dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - check!  We got to eat at the East Shore Cafe - yummy!!!

The weather was so nice we got to eat outside!

One of my favorite things about Mardi Gras are the decorated trees!


6) Take Paige to her first Mardi Gras parade - check!  Need I say more?  She loved it!  Well, that is after she woke up.  She fell asleep on the way to the parade and didn't wake up until we woke her up for the 2nd go around (the floats come by twice in Fairhope).  She loved all the lights and music.  It was too cute watching her little arms go up trying to catch stuff (really they were just flinging around to the music and cheers).






Parade Buddies!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun day!!! I can't wait to see more of the pictures. That one is beautiful!! Love the purple dress.

    ReplyDelete