Thursday, August 19, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I don’t know about Nanny and Paige, but I had a GREAT time in Atlanta!! I couldn’t ask for a better week with my mom and daughter! I am so grateful to Brad for letting us go and spend such good quality time together.


We left Sunday and headed on up. Paige was an angel on trip. I realized while I was driving that it is actually less miles to Atlanta from our house than to Huntsville. The trunk was packed perfectly – Brad always does a fantastic job. It full but I could see out the back (who would have thought that with a larger SUV we would still have to put things in the front seat). We made it to the Westin without getting lost – yea! (I am not into driving in big cities with one way streets that I am not familiar with). Once we pulled up and had to let the bellman get all of our stuff out of the car and told me the luggage would be delivered to our room after we checked in, I realized we were staying at a fancy-schmancy hotel.


Did you know that the Westin is the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere (73 stories tall)?

The purpose of the trip was for me attend a training conference about the government travel card. It was at the World Congress Center. Our hotel was in walking distance, maybe just under a mile away, and I love walking. So, Monday I thought I would walk and get registered. The registration desk was at the further-most point of the WCC. Someone asked me on the street how to get there – go through the park, past the Omni Hotel, go in the WCC building A (so you can walk in the A/C), through the hair convention to building B, go down the escalator to building C, then keep on going down 2 more escalators and you’ll see the registration desk. No joke, the registration desk was at the further-most point of the building. After I got done with registration we walked to the Georgia Aquarium.


It was fun to see all the different exhibits. I think Paige’s favorite part was where you got to walk under a huge aquarium. You had fish on 3 sides of you – so neat! We were going to go inside the World of Coke but before we got outside P had fallen fast asleep. We settled for a picture outside with the Coke man instead.


Have to tell a funny story – I am one of “those moms”, you know one of those moms who I would talk about how they didn’t have control over their child. As we were sitting at our table one night at dinner waiting on our check, I was holding Paige and next thing you know the girl has knocked over my full glass of diet coke. It goes all down my legs and all over the floor, barely missing the purse sitting at the table next to us. So, yes, I am now one of those mom’s who doesn’t pay attention to what their child is doing. To top it off, I left my cell phone at the restaurant and had to do go back later that night to get it.


Paige listened as I talked to Brad one night.  She missed her daddy for sure!


After my last session on Thursday we found a mall close by (thanks to the conceirge).  Along the way we stopped and grabbed a bite to eat the Varsity - yum!  I couldn't resist getting Paige a hat.  I think it is a little big, but still way too cute.






Thank you Nanny for going with us to Atlanta; Paige and I both had a great time!
Hugs and Kisses, xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. Such fun!!!! Looks like a great time was had by all! The same things we did on our trip last year. Even the same hotel. Such a fun place. Miss P is so big!! I can't wait to see her Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she is going to kiss Nanny's face right off. Aunt S

    ReplyDelete