Monday, August 30, 2010

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The other morning I let the dogs out early and there it was. An ever so slight chill is in the air and then that smell. It was so familiar and yet gave me goose bumps. What was it? It was the first sign that fall is on the way and that College Football is almost here! I love the fall and for me the first Saturday in September is like Christmas.




This is Brad. I’m going to be a new addition to this blog this fall with some thoughts on football and a lot about Auburn football. I hope to be very objective throughout the season and will start with some posts about predictions for the upcoming year. During the season I will try to comment on each game.




What should we expect from our Tigers this fall? If you listen to the experts you will see predictions from 11-1 to 7-5. So who is right? I will try to clear that up here.




First off though let me add that this is a very exciting football season for me. Why? It is my daughter’s first football season. Only 18 more until she graces the sidelines of Pat Dye Field as an Auburn cheerleader!




What should we expect this year? Well, I am not expecting the undefeated magical season that some others are predicting. Is it possible? Definitely, however I see Auburn finishing the season at 10-2 or worst case at 9-3 and probably 2nd or 3rd in the SEC West. I think this is a wonderful improvement and accomplishment considering where we were just 2 years ago. Would I be surprised if we go 12-0? No, we have a relatively easy schedule (in SEC terms) and most difficult games are at home. Additionally, if the young talent develops and grows up quickly, this year it is most definitely a possibility and we could definitely win the West and the SEC. Still as of now I see us losing 2 games. That should be good enough to get a great New Year’s Day bowl invitation and some great momentum as we head to National Signing day and another great recruiting class. Unfortunately, the schedule next year gets brutal and we really need that momentum to continue to build SEC caliber depth and talent.

Stay tuned as I highlight my reasoning for the record I have picked and as I break down the team for this year.

1 comment:

  1. My plan to watch the first game of the season floating in my pool, with the TV pulled outside (you can pretend you don't know me), went away when I realized that was the weekend I will be visiting your mom. It was a good thought. I love how the air feels too. Aunt S

    ReplyDelete