Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh, Baby Baby

Saturday we had the honor of hosting a baby shower at our house for a couple, Jason and Kristen, from our small group.  Their sweet baby boy, Gus, will be here in just a few short weeks (September 8th to be exact).


The parents-to-be (this is actually their 2nd child, so they are old pros).  All of the food was so good - I could live off of party food!  Please note the cupcakes on the left.  They are my all time favorite things.  A lady in Mobile makes them and I don't know what she does, but they sure are good!  I was introduced to them at work and we look for any reason to have them.

Our group leader, Michael, and his wife Melissa.  This is one of my favorite punch recipes also (thanks Heather!).  I was able to use greenery and flowers from our yard - yay!  Funny story about the punch.  Last time I made it froze a little in these heart shaped cupcake tins thinking they would float and look cute.  Well, they didn't float and I was somewhat disappointed.  This time I thought since they didn't float it wouldn't matter what I froze some in.  I chose a Glad container and didn't think too much of it, until it started to float!  Oh well, the group is used to me and my goofy self and didn't think too much of a funny shaped ice piece.


We made it a couples/kids thing so everyone could be involved.


All the girls - Melissa, me, Kristen, Amber and Kelly


And of course and post wouldn't be complete without this little munchkin!  She is the lone baby girl of the group - there are 4 other little boys (and one on the way) but she still has a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment