Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Warriors

The big painting weekend finally arrived! Me being the planner I am, planned this back in the fall (a 3 day weekend seemed like a great time for Brad to paint!). I decided when we got the furniture that I wanted pink stripes and have been excited about them since then.

Brad’s brother, Justin, and his wife, Christina, graciously offered to come down and help. We had the best time visiting and getting Paige’s nursery ready. We did way more than just paint the nursery. While the paint dried Christina and I picked up the bookcase for Paige in Pensacola, bought decorations for the nursery, and found a side table (that we all worked to refinish). Brad and Justin didn’t sit still either; they put together the swing, bouncer, stroller, and glider. Let me tell you, reality is setting in! Seeing the swing in the den and having her room basically ready makes it so real!! I was not able to help with the painting so I dog-sat and tried to be the best waitress they could ask for.



Just what Justin and Christina wanted to be doing on their Friday night - painting their niece's nursery!

Brad and Justin taping off the stripes. What more could you ask for on a Sunday night? I think they both were excited they were close to being done with the taping...then they got to finish the rolling Christina had started.



Here is a sneak peek at the walls finished. I absolutely love it and am so excited!!




It was very late when the stripes were finished (I was proud of myself for staying up). After all the hard work, a toast was in order in Paige's honor.



Paige is so lucky! Aunt Christina painted 2 pictures for her. We were at the baby store in Pensacola and we saw a neat pictures. She is crafty and offered to paint something similiar. Not only did she paint what we saw in the store, she painted this matching ladybug picture - too cute!


I would say the nursery is 95% done. We have a few things to buy, a couple to hang, a little more to organize, and then I think we will be done. I love the way the nursery is coming together. My newest favorite thing to do is sit in the glider and just take it all in. I will post pictures of the finished product once everything is done (it will probably be a couple of weeks).

1 comment: